Last modified: September 27, 2017
HIPnation Operations & Solutions LLC (“company” or “us” or “we“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hipnation.com, including any social media or mobile extensions or apps (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or any third party application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and no one under age 18 should provide any personal information to or on the Website. we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, and do not register or make or propose any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, age, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information we Collect About You and How we Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. we may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “user contributions“). Your user contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information we Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, if any. For more information, see “Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information.”
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information.”
How we Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, if any. For more information, see “Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information.”
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (e.g. we may obtain advertising, analytics, remarketing, and behavioral targeting services from companies like Facebook, Twitter, and Google; and we may hire a third party to conduct our e-mail marketing campaigns).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. we contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see “Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How we Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. we have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. we ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
"My daughter Ann injured her knee and needed immediate medical attention. In less than 24 hours, we were enrolled in Hip nation and saw an Internal Medicine Doctor and Orthopedic Doctor plus my daughter was equipped with a knee brace and crutches and an xray all for $400. That would never have happened that quick and for that cost had I done it out of pocket or through a high deductible medical plan." C.P.
"We have 4 children. Easy access to our doctor is important to me. Our primary care doctor handles almost everything for our family. What a difference it makes having 24/7 access to our doctor! I suspected my son had strep throat: I called the office; they made an appointment to see the doctor within 30 minutes; we saw the doctor; she did the test and gave me the prescription and we had the medicine all within 2 hours. Everything about the experience was personal and efficient. That makes all the difference!" J.B.
"We are a family of three who originally had health insurance through our jobs, but lost it due to rising costs. We knew we needed to do something to have good health insurance, so we went onto the healthcare marketplace and bought a policy. Several months later we just couldn't handle the financial strain. Our premiums were through the roof and we were afraid to go to the doctor because it was just going to cost so much anyway. We needed a change. Our experience with HIP has been exactly what we hoped. It is simple. It is easy. We got so tired of the run around with insurance and it always felt like we weren't even getting any value. HIP has changed that because our costs our lower, the connection to our doctor is so much simpler and we couldn't be happier. We are saving thousands each year. The biggest question really is, why doesn't everybody do this?" C.B.
"Even as a Type 1 Diabetic, I have saved thousands of dollars this year while receiving the best care ever! My doctors care about me and do what is best for me. Insurance companies no longer control my care - my physicians do." D.B.
"Our family has always been hesitant to go to the doctor, mainly because of all the hassle. Even getting prescriptions filled was a time consuming and challenging thing for us. With HIP, it's much better. I can think of one example on particular where I was heading out of town in a few weeks. I needed some medication before then and over the counter meds weren't working. So I called my doctor and told her the situation. She prescribed something for me over the phone, sent it to the pharmacy, and I was able to pick it up. Easy." C.A.B.
"My experience with HIPnation started immediately with my first prescription I had to pick up. I have been on a medication for the last few years after a surgery. I have paid $40.00 as my copay each month when I picked this up at Walgreens. When I lost my insurance, it cost me $234.00 for the next month so I needed an answer. I was able to go to Concord Pharmacy in Johns Creek as a member of HIPnation and get the same medication for $17.50. Crazy!" B.H.
"I wanted to share our family's story of how HIP Primary Care Plus has already impacted our monthly prescription drug costs. My husband has had some heart issues in the past and takes 4 different medications. Since we each have a deductible to meet the cost of my husband's 4 prescriptions had been running about $500 each time we re-filled for a 90 day supply. As soon as we joined HIP, we called to have Concord Pharmacy in the John's Creek area, refill our medications and we were shocked at the difference we had to pay. We were able to purchase three of the four medications my husband took and my two medications, all generics for $225.00 for a 90 day supply. When the pharmacist gave us the price, we asked him to check to he had rung up all of the medications as the price was so low! We saved $300 on my husband's prescriptions and saved $200 on my medications in the first month. My advice is that everyone should find out more about HIP Primary Care Plus and see if this is a program for you. We know it has met our needs and believe it can for anyone!!!" D.R.G.
"We just signed up our daughter and son in law in Hip Nation. We met Dr. Shaikh on Monday and have to say she is the best primary care physician we have ever seen in our 61 years! What a wonderful doctor and have already used the 24/7 access with a few minor questions and received an immediate response. Such a wonderful way to practice medicine!" G.C.
"This is pretty Amazing. Thanks so much for the help. Really appreciate it, as it will make a big, big difference in my quality of life." P.B.